Tím breyting

I don't know when the clocks will officially spring forward, but for me it's two weeks from now, when I start my new job. I'm saying goodbye to academia, and to Scandinavian studies, for awhile at least, working on my leadership and management skills, as well as exhibit skills, at a dedicated museum. Should be a good change, and I'm happy and excited to be getting back to California, and back to my son. I've been away too long.

I've been happy and confident and relaxed about beginning a new phase of my life, although tonight I feel a bit melancholy. I guess the part about not having any professional reason to go to Iceland ever again is kind of weird for me. I was realizing last night that as I fall asleep, I'm often visualizing myself wandering alone around the streets of Reykjavík. I spent a lot of time doing that when I lived in Iceland, and some of the time I was crying. As I am now.

Comments

HT said…
Good luck!
Enjoy your son, he will grow up so quickly.
Jono said…
It will be good to get back to your son, but I understand your longing for Iceland. I can't be where I want when I want and live in a constant state of low-grade frustration.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps