Violists

The first time I came to Iceland, it was with my mom and my brother when I was 7 years old. We spent a lot of time that summer with my mother's first cousin and her two children, a boy Einar and a girl Margret. Margret was older than my brother, and Einar a bit younger than my brother but older than me, and we all got along pretty well. I especially adored Margret, probably because she reminded me of my sister who had stayed behind in California; they are about the same age and both have strawberry blond hair. I guess it was the summer when I was 9 that I caught on to another similarity; they both played the viola. Of course, my sister stopped doing so when she was 17 I think, but Magga still does it today, freelancing her talents on the mean streets of New York, after graduating from Juilliard. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
haha, so you're cousins with Magga :D Used to be a good music friend when we were kids.
Anonymous said…
(oh, yeah, and Viking World is tacky...)

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps