Two weeks

I have always been a big believer in deadlines and schedules. Although they may not be the universal panacea for all wrongs, they definitely help with productivity.

But I am having a conundrum trying to determine what goals to set for myself over the next two weeks, since I will be gone two long weekends in a row, first to Los Angeles and then to Salt Lake City.

There is only one thing I absolutely have to get done before Friday, May 4th, which is my presentation for the conference in Utah.  And I am sure I could tinker around with it every day until then, making it better and better with each revision.

But that won't help me much with progress towards finalizing my dissertation. So in order to forward that goal, I think I am going to try to get Chapters 1 and 2, which John has already seen, out to my other committee members before I go to Utah. Those two chapters need a bit of massaging and straightening up, but are otherwise pretty good to go.

Then I can work on my presentation on the flight to the conference, and at the hotel room of the conference, in time honored academic fashion. Afterall, it doesn't have to be that long, and all it really needs is good illustrations for it to have the impact I am hoping for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps