Not a "þetta reddast" kind of place

I am working on the syllabus for the class I am going to be teaching starting next week. I went through teacher training a few years ago, and recall one point of advice was to make the syllabus long and elaborate. I discovered actually the first time I taught that I had not been specific or elaborate enough on the syllabus for that class, so indeed it is true. The syllabus is like a contract between the student and the teacher, and it needs to spell out all sorts of particulars.

I suppose it is a good thing though, in terms of preparing students for the real world, where things are definitely going to be complicated and elaborate. I mean, just trying to find housing in the Bay Area is a challenge of Herculean dimensions, and only those who are diligent, patient, and tolerant of elaborate systems will ever manage it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps