My darling car

Today the car I store in my parent's garage in California was towed into the shop.

Shortly after I bought the car, I noticed it overheated a lot. Then one time when Dave was driving it, it actually caught on fire. We had to have its headgaskets replaced after that. Then it ran well for a while, and I would let my friend Amanda borrow it when I came here to Iceland (Gisli also). But about a year ago, it had started to leak oil really badly, and last spring my dad towed it down to Orange County, so that it would not be in Dave's way up in the Bay Area.

Everyone wanted me to sell the car or get rid of it, turn it over to the junk yard and just forget about it, but I did not want to do that. From the first time I saw it, I felt like that car and me belonged together. It is, basically, my car, the only one I have ever bought all on my own, and I like it a lot.

It is amazing, after all it has been through, that my 1991 Saab CS is still around. I have every confidence that a good mechanic can get it running just like new again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps