What he wants

As a single child of a single parent, Palmer is pretty spoiled. If he asks for a toy, he usually gets it, especially if I think it has some merit to it, like legos that develop his fine motor skills or crayons for his artistic side, or a ball for his gross motor skills. He is pretty good at only wanting things that are generally speaking not totally stupid, so that is good. And he is also really good at deciding he does not want something, bargaining instead for something else.

Palmer also gets a lot of one on one attention from me. I think about how much cumulative time I had alone with my mother as a child, and I am sure Palmer and I have already surpassed that.

That thought makes it easier as he heads off to California in a week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps