No false pretense

My colleague/friend Merrill is coming to stay the night with me tonight. We met at Berkeley, and now she teaches at Ohio State University, where I spent a couple of years. Plus we both have a thing for Iceland. So that gives us lots in common. 

But what I like about her is that she comes forward under no false pretense of us being like the best friends in the world. She just sent me a short message, "I need somewhere to sleep for one night." And so of course I said, "Sure!" And I am looking forward to catching up on some of the goings on in her life.

Sometimes it pays to have an apartment right by the airport, and friends all over the world.

Comments

家vRegg明 said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps