Mornings at the museum

On Monday morning, I went into the museum before it opened, and before any other staff was there. It felt really nice, I was able to just focus and relax, think about what needed to be done without being rushed. Now I have certainly been at the museum alone a lot of other times, but often that has been late at night when I am tired and stressed. When I worked at the Smithsonian, I was only there after hours or on the weekends if there was a major deadline looming overhead, and I think I have brought that memory with me to working alone in Vikingaheimar. That is, until now, just this week. Things finally seem organized enough there that I can see what tasks need to be done without fretting about all the things that are not getting done. It was nice.

Not as nice of course as being at the museum when it is full of people and everyone is enjoying the exhibits and the ship, but nice in a quiet sort of way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps