A good day

I woke up this morning pretty worried about how the day would turn out. I had agreed to work the front desk of the museum, and although I am usually really happy in that building, sometimes I get really stressed out, thinking about all I need and want to do. Today though there was a constant stream of people--visitors to the museum from all sorts of countries, vendors for our sales shop, a guy testing out our smoke alarms--so there was always something going on, which I like. Also three work colleagues came by to talk about various projects, plus a friend from Reykjavík.

I don't know exactly how to explain it, but it felt a lot more like my days at the Smithsonian. Seeing friends and colleagues, discussing all sorts of different things, really part of the fabric of life.

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps