Best little playground in California

Yesterday, after I got my hair done by the best little hairdresser in California (I have written blogs about her  before), I was in the mood to take Palmer out on the town. So we headed down to Laguna Beach, in search of a toy store. We found one, right at Laguna Main beach, dubbed the "best little toy store in the world" where we picked out a train set and Gavin, the clerk, showed us a magic trick. Laguna Main also has a boardwalk along the sand, a basketball court, a volley ball court, and a playground I have decided to name "the best little playground in California." The equipment is compact, well made, and a ton of fun--tunnels and bridges and stairs that all intertwine--a whole little world just for the kids. Well, Palmer and I had a great two hours hanging out down there, eating icecream, playing on the swings, watching the sunset, and twirling on the sand until we fell down dizzy.

And to think my first idea was to take him to the mall. That can clearly wait until he's with me in Iceland this spring, and an outing to Smaralind will be the best we can do.

Comments

Thordis said…
No, not Smáralind!! :) So many other great things to do that he would like... outdoors. Í hvert sinn sem ég fer í Smáralind verð ég algjörlega heilalaus.. sama í kringlunni.
Lissy said…
Smáralind er samt með sér krakkaleikvellir, ágæt þegar maður getur ekki vera úti.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps