Experiments

The worst part about my holiday was that I never hosted a meal at my house. Instead, I ate other people's cooking. And I ate a lot of it, as always. Whether I especially like a dish or not, I eat it.

I also brought along my own dishes, since actually I like cooking and baking. Two out of three were disasters, really. An unsweet dessert for experiment #1, and a runny spinach dish for experiment #2, icky. The Viking bread I made was the only really good thing, and it actually was not supposed to be terribly appetizing (the Vikings were not the world's best bread makers).

This may have reduced the possibility that next year, people will want to come to my house for dinner during jól.

For Christmas in the States, I had gotten in the habit of making kleinir for all the Christmas holiday parties, whether at the office or at school. Nice thing about those is that no one in the States knows what they are supposed to taste like, so even if I sprinkle them with powdered sugar one year, or put too much cardimom in them the next year, no one complains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps