Blandaðu meira

Yesterday at Vikingaheimar, we had a pitcher of malt out for our visitors. I had bought both Egils Extramalt and Íslenskt úvalts malt for the occasion, where upon my co-workers quickly informed me that only Egils Extramalt was worth serving. That seems to be the unanimous opinion among Suðurnesjamenn; I am not sure if it holds true everywhere in Iceland.

So I am left at home now with 10 cans or so of Íslenskt úrvals malt. Perhaps, to try to fit in, I should not drink it at all. But, since I am not that much of a strict purist, I decided it must surely be OK to use this malt in "blanda".

Blanda is the "traditional" Christmas drink whereby Egils orange soda is mixed with malt. Which makes me think Icelanders are related to the Wapani Woo somehow. Here is an old Icelandic review of the film from which this reference comes, for those unfortunate enough to have never seen it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
no, not just Suðurnesjamenn - Egils malt's the only "real" one :D

Jólaöl from Egill is fine too, though.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps