California raisins

The house I grew up in is a museum of sorts, full of old clothes left over from us kids at various phases in our lives, old miss-matched dishes from various sets and odd pieces, toys from all the kids that have come in and out of here.

Palmer asked me just now what image was on the mug I was drinking my coffee from. I had not myself noticed, but upon one quick glance I realized it was the familiar California icon, the dancing raisin. For anyone not familiar with this ad campaign, one of the most successful of the 1980s, I hereby share two clips I just showed Palmer. One is the debut commercial, and the other made at the height of the buzz, when Michael Jackson himself got in on the hype.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps