"Tippi-sk"

Yesterday I think it was I saw this news item about a man who was arrested on charges of indecent exposure Perhaps you have heard of it. Well, I have a feeling that some news agencies are picking up on this story just because they like to have a headline that includes the word "naked." But I myself am actually quite happy it is getting so widely picked up, because it helps people understand why suburban America is the worst kind of nightmare one could imagine. Icelanders look at me in wonder all the time "How could you possibly have left Southern California to move to Iceland?", and this is why. Suburban neighborhoods where everyone has recently moved in, spends all their time commuting to work or at work, leads to situations like this, where people live next door to each other and yet do not know one another at all. Whether he was actually exposing himself or whether she is paranoid, either way there is a breakdown of society here that is, unfortunately, not that uncommon. Which I guess is why when I first read the story, what I thought was, "Typical."

Comments

Alveg týpiskt!
Persónulega finnst mér reyndar ansi langt gengið ef fólk má ekki vera bert heima hjá sér.
Anonymous said…
Nákvæmlega! Tek undir með Hörpu. Gaurinn hefði reyndar átt að kæra konuna á móti fyrir að vera að glápa inn um gluggana hjá sér!

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps