More about Skype

It started off slowly, one friend of mine in England that kept bugging me to get Skype. Then a friend in Germany. Finally got it a few years ago, but very rarely used it. Then when I first starting coming here to Iceland, I was just so happy to have the chance to call home and see everyone. It feels so much more natural and normal to talk to someone while looking at them, and it makes a big difference I know to Palmer.

But that illusion of "thereness" also has its drawbacks. Today they were talking about taking a drive to go see some mutual friends, and I got this feeling of being just as excited to see them as they were. Until I realized that was physically impossible with me being in a different country and all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps