Chasing ghosts

Iceland has a high-tech system where all the different civic agencies share a common database, or at least that is what I thought. (Such a thing is generally frowned on in the United States, and quite rare, since of course Americans like to think what they are up to is none of the governments business.) I was enthusiastic about the streamlining of bureaucracy such a move represents.

Whether it is something I am doing wrong or not, weird ghosts keep entering the machine in relation to my kennitala at least. My address spontaneously gets changed back to the first one I had in Sandgerdi now and again, and each time I call around to find out why or how, everyone just says, "Well, it is right in our system." Now my kennitala is not coming up in the database for the menntamalaraduneyti (cultural ministry) which means I cannot apply for a grant I need to apply for.

Gaman af þessu.

Comments

Jon Frimann said…
Talaðu við Þjóðskrá, eða eftirstofnun hennar. Þeir meðhöndla svona mál og viðhalda gangagrunninum með öllum kennitölum Íslendinga.

Þetta á að vera í lagi hjá þér, eins og öðrum sem eru með kennitölur.
Lissy said…
buin að vera í samband með Þjóðskrá, þeir sagði að málið var með menntamálaraðuneyti. Like they had not updated their list in 3 years or something. Just weird!

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps