Hello Kitty

I have avoided getting a pet since I moved here to Iceland, since I spend a lot of time in California and one cannot just leave one's pet locked up in an apartment for 3 weeks or so.

But yesterday my sister told me about her new cat, and a few weeks ago I met an Icelandic lady whose cat had just had kittens. And since I now actually have a friend living nearby who would be willing to watch an animal for me, I may just give in and give myself a cat as a combined birthday Christmas present or some such excuse.

I hope I do not end up spoiling it too much. My cat Ember I spoiled unbelievably. Of course, on a couple of occasions, when I put hats on him, he acted more like I was torturing him. Humiliated is probably the right word. Cats do not really like to be humiliated, even if it is funny. I have sort of outgrown the kitty outfit stage, I think.

So any future cat would be safe with me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
aww, kisur eru bestar! Talandi um humiliation, sástu þetta vídjó?
M Girardin said…
That's what you say now... just wait until you see new line of Cat Fashion out of Milan this year. I think you'll be singing a different tune... Hey, we all start out by saying we're not going to be the "freaky weird" pet people... ahhh, the best laid plans...
Lissy said…
I can still start to laugh, remembering the look on Ashes' face when I put the mini Santa Hat on him. But Ember with the deer antlers was just the best. They had little bells on the end and he was so pissed off, I swear he would have eaten me if he could have. I just kept chasing him around taking pictures and putting them back up on his head. Ashes was much better about leaving the hat on, I think because it only had a big fuzzy ball at the end and not bells.

Some things are just too irresistible not to do.
Ko-Leen said…
well, if you don't dress it up I will :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps