So L.A.

On Friday, I checked with some friends of mine that are taking classes in the city, to see if I could carpool with them. One reminded me that if I went to talk to the people at Keilir, I could probably get a bus pass for free, and thus, well, I really ought to take the bus. But you know, there is just enough of a Southern Californian left in me that the bus bothers me. I don't like walking down the center aisle, looking for a seat (and here I might mention that the ReykjanesExpress is not a regular city bus with various seating options, but rather a tour bus with the dark lighting and high backed seats). I also dislike that there is no radio playing, or that it is so quiet you can't hear it. Last time I rode that bus, I noticed lots of kids listening to their Ipods, so I guess I could do that, but the thing is, I like to sing along to songs I hear, and well, that is really awkward on a bus. Probably also if I am carpooling, come to think of it.

At anyrate, it seems quite clear that on Tuesday, I may actually begin working on my PhD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps