Rewrites, etc.

Today I told Margret Hallgrims about my latest idea for my dissertation research topic. Poor thing, I think over the years she's heard four or five versions of it. Each time I talk to her, she is equally encouraging and helpful, finds a way to agree with me that this is a move in a positive direction. She is I think giving me a chance to learn from my mistakes, being patient with me, confident that I'll eventually get it right. 

When I turn to the writing part, I imagine my committee will be the same, giving me a chance to rewrite my chapters and develop my ideas until it gets to where it needs to get to. 

Some people imagine the PhD dissertation process as rather this huge test, a stressful performative moment, but I somehow take it as a collegial effort whose success is important to more people than me. 

Probably just one more downside to being an optimist, but I don't see it that way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps