Diabetes

I met a nice lady at the airport yesterday who had type two diabetes, like my mom. She had successfully managed it for years with only diet and exercise, no pills. She, her endochrinologist, and the staff dietitian had worked out a specific routine for her, which would take the pressure off of her weakened pancreas. She said just two or three weeks after they came up with this plan, she started to feel so much better, had much more energy. And in the course of a year, she lost 35 pounds, and has kept it off. 

She admitted to me she still eats a tiny bit of sweet potato every now and then, and one or two pieces of chocolate a day, but it does not throw off her blood sugar too much. 

It was really nice to talk to her. She was on her way to visit grandkids in Denmark, 75 years old, diabetic, and undertaking international travel with no worries. Hope I'm like that when I am her age. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps