kids birthday parties

I was racking my brain yesterday, trying to figure out where to hold a party for my son's 4th birthday. Yes, certainly húsdýragarðurinn, but where else? 

The United States is full of specialty places just for kids, places like Chucky Cheese but also Studio Grow and other indoor playgrounds. Easy places to throw a party. Invite some friends, bring a cake, and the restaurant does everything else. 

But here in Iceland, there are so few options along those lines, even fewer in Reykjanesbaer (can't really see having a kids party over by Skessuhöll). 

So if I want a fun party, I am going to have to transform my backyard and the adjacent playground.  

Capitalistic ease versus homemade quirky. The eternal struggle. 

Comments

Lissy said…
I forgot to mention it also has to be a week late, since my son's birthday is the single most popular weekend for family reunions in Iceland. Thus no one will be home. Poor kid.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps