Serendipity

Last night I was modifying the brackets that used to hold Viking Age jewelry from Denmark, Gotland, and Finland to fit the objects I got last week in Greenland. Five years ago, when we first started talking about this project, I decided not to take the gigantic case about the Greenland settlements, instead took a smaller case about Viking jewelry, pretty sure I would modify the insides. At the time, I did not know what I would modify it for, but as the plans have evolved, it has worked out to use this case for the Greenland settlement in terms of its size and shape. 

Well, so now I am tackling the tricky problem of changing the brackets. 

Call me a silly optimist, call me a very lucky person, call me someone who expects serendipity and therefore receives it, but anyhow, several of the brackets required only minimal modification (one little bend, one little clip) to fit the Greenland objects, and no painting at all! 

Did I know for sure 5 years ago it would work out like this? No, but some little cell in the back of my brain thought maybe it might. And it was right. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps