17 june

We are having an open house on June 17th, starting at around 3pm. Everyone is welcome, kids included, which should be nice. 

The opening at the Smithsonian was an evening affair, high security and much protocal, since we had the heads of state of Iceland, Finland, and Norway, and the Crown Princess of Sweden and Prince of Denmark there. I spent several days shopping for my evening gown, a simple straight shell dress, pale purple with silver threading in a diamond pattern. I liked it. Unfortunately, in all the pictures, I look 10 pounds heavier than I was. And actually, the whole evening did not go as planned, was far too stressful and exhausting after a super exhausting 2 years of working 12 hour days, and the weekends. 

Comments

Valur said…
Til hamingju með opnunina.
Val E. said…
I wish I could be there for the open house. I am an American who was in Keflavik for a month last October. My Icelandic friend, stopped by the museum so I could have a look inside to see the ship. Perhaps, I can make it there in July, we shall see. PS I enjoy your blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps