I am so lame

I'm here at the airport, came super early since I was dropping off my Swedish colleague, whose flight was at 8am. My flight to Greenland is not until 9:45. To be at the airport when all the other passengers have departed is an awkward situation, all the staff people that work in the shops and coffee places are looking at me like I am some idiot that missed her flight. This impression was not improved by the hotspot refusing to let me sign in from my own computer. I asked three people how to fix that, none of them had any offers of help. Finally got that figured out on my own, only to discover I had left my plug converter--from American (my Mac is born in the USA!) over to Icelandic--was left at home.  OK, so I go to Elko to buy a plug converter. They only sell huge multipacks of converters; waste of money but otherwise not so bad, since I am not sure what type of plus they use in Greenland anyhow. But guess what? The Mac design of a plug is too wide to fit into the adapter from Elko! So back to Elko I went. Since I am the only non-staff person in the whole airport, every worker at Elko gathers around to hear about my ridiculous problem, caused just by forgetting one simple little thing. We figured out that by buying three different adapters, and lining them all up, we could get it to work. Or, I could cut the other one, once I get to Greenland. Well, since I'm only here for an hour more now, it seemed a better idea to just be patient and wait until I get to Greenland to figure this out better. Sometimes solutions present themselves, as if miraculously. 

Surely there are more interesting things to talk about, but there you go. I tried to make it significant.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps