The old fashioned way

An acquaintance of mine wrote me yesterday, said that the Facebook application 'Islendingabók' had informed him that we were related. Our great, great grandfather's were brothers. Which was kind of cool, but it also made me think that this is not the way our grandparents or even our parents would have worked out the relations. No, they would have met a few times, had a few conversations, and by asking a few questions, figured this out the old fashioned way. It may have taken longer, but I think it would have been a bit more satisfying to figure it out that way, instead of having the computer work it out for you. 

The funny thing is though that I sort of had that feeling about him anyhow, and I should have asked. I mean he even has my grandfather's same first name!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps