Of course

It finally came out today, with the workers from the township, that I am not some exotic foreigner, but rather one of them. Yep, I mentioned something about my aunt, and all of a sudden, one of the started telling me the names of all of my other relatives, where they all live and what they are doing (well, not all of them, I stopped him when he got through my first cousins!). Turns out one of the other ones used to be pretty good friends with my uncle. So there you go. That is how you get in the inner circle in Reykjanesbær! 

Comments

Lissy said…
Yeah, that is the problem in such a small town. My aunt's husband owns a carpentry business, so I asked him to help with a few tiny things for the exhibition, not anticipating that this would also mean everyone would instantly find out about my family history. Must learn to think more strategically.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps