Einar Skulason!

Well, this is so cute, so totally Icelandic. Someone I've met a few times, chatted up over lamb soup, turns out he has decided to run for office. I am sure people who live in small towns have had this experience, but this is the first time it has happened to me, that I meet a person before they become involved in politics. And I am so excited because I thought he was a nice guy, steady and sensitive and smart. That he supports the idea of a constitutional convention to completely rewrite Icelandic law has now got me all gung ho for a what a great idea this is too, whereas before I could have kind of gone either way about it. I guess the trick of politics works just about the same everywhere.... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps