Endurnyja

I have a tricky job, because I offered up a quick, practical, but really very decent compromise in terms of my exhibition. Normally in the museum field, and certainly at the Smithsonian, exhibitions are made from scratch. One starts with an idea, a budget, and then makes all new components as required to fulfill the ideas. But the exhibit I am doing here is not that way, most of it was already made quite a while ago and I am refitting it to work into my new ideas, my new exhibition theme. One reason I felt this was OK to do here is that the exhibition is not in fact the centerpiece, the end all be all of what we are offering to the public. We have an outside area for families, a beautifully newly built building with a great view, and a very cool ship people can go in. I will produce new lectures and kids programs. And all of this will work with the exhibit, and it will all seem fine. And when it comes to the temporary exhibitions, which will be specifically advertised, those will be built from the ground up, the way they are supposed to be. So I am OK with what we have to offer, think in fact hardly anyone else will even notice the difference. (I should just be better about keeping my mouth shut!). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps