Húsdýragarðurinn

Foreigners tend to have heard of Icelandic horses and maybe the bird life here. But at the small petting zoo next to the sculpture garden in Reykjavík one can see other Icelandic animals. My son and I were amazed at how huge the sow was, and how quick the piglets were. I also like the brown and black striped Icelandic cows, a breed not seen in the U.S.. But the billy goat was the most impressive, with hair hanging down to the floor and huge horns. Unfortunately, it all closed at 5. And it was raining.

Comments

MamaOlive said…
Hi, I just found your blog by googling "Langbest" - my husband is US military and we spent 2 years in Iceland.
The family park/zoo was one of our favorite places to go. My daughter liked to pet the rabbits, and I kept being amazed that all the fun stuff was included in the admission.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps