Sundhöll Reykjavíkur

I am spending a few days in Reykjavík before flying to a conference in Denmark. Usually when I am in Iceland, I am further south, closer to the airport. So I am trying to take advantage of this rare opportunity to have a free place to stay within walking distance of the main part of Reykjavík. Last night for instance I went out (starting at midnight in good Icelandic fashion) and it was really a relief not to have to worry about how to get home safely. This morning I decided the best cure for my aching body and head was to go swimming, and it turns out the oldest public swimming pool is just across the way from where I am staying.

I had heard about Sundhöll before, but never been in there, so I was pretty excited to get a chance to go. It really is an architectural gem, and extremely designed and built. The locker room area was especially nice: patrons each get there own tiny little changing room, with a key so they can just keep there stuff there. I am not used to that level of privacy in an Icelandic pool, and I must say it is a shame other pools have not adopted that practice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps