Grading

Well it is coming up on that time of the semester, when student grades are due. I started figuring them out yesterday, although one assignment is still outstanding, just to make sure I had the spreadsheet formatted correctly and everything else entered into it.

Although it is always stressful assigning grades, a part of me definitely enjoys it. Enjoys seeing the entirety of the semester, summed up in one number. Enjoys the feeling of getting to make a final decision about small details. Enjoys in a way the responsibility of saying something, for good or for bad, about a student. I have been entrusted with evaluating them, and that is a nice feeling.

It is something I do not get to experience in my museum work. In a historic museum, you don't evaluate the visitors, you are just grateful they came. The dynamic is completely opposite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps