Karen, hair goddess

Oh my poor readers, I do apologize. And really my enthusiasm is uncalled for. My hairdresser in Iceland was great, I mean who can complain about a 2nd cousin who does hair at a studio called Valhalla right on Odinsgata, and also happens to do the hair for Vigdis? Not I! She did a great job cutting my hair in November, such that it is just now reaching the point of "Cut me now or I will strangle you in your sleep."  Every morning for the last two weeks, my hair has looked at me menacingly in the mirror, and I have sheepishly promised, "Well, what am I supposed to do? We aren't in Iceland anymore you know. But I will try to see if I can get ahold of Karen." (Who cut my hair from the age of 17). Yesterday I took the plunge, and sent an email to an email address I had for her, last used in 2007. It worked! She responded! She will cut my hair next week!

Old connections never die, no matter how long it has been since they were last used.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps