Los Angeles

My friend Ragga is doing a lot of flying back and forth between LA and San Fran. I remember doing that a few years ago, taking flights every other weekend between the Bay area and San Diego. One guy I know actually lives in Berkeley, but works in Los Angeles. That is of course an extreme commute, but since the flight is only an hour, it really is not that out of the ordinary for Angelinos. My sister and I were talking about this last week, since she has to keep explaining to people that as a Southern Californian, driving an hour to work, and then an hour home, every day does not bother her.

But honestly, unless you go to LA, it is completely unbelievable that this could be real. Everything else about Los Angeles is so artificial, but a long commute, that is genuine. It is what gives it a sense of reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps