Grapefruit

Yesterday at the grocery store, I really did my best to buy all Icelandic. Icelandic meat, cheese, butter, carrots, tomatoes, eggs, bread. But then I spotted the grapefruit. Round, shiny, fresh, tasty grapefruit. I could not resist. I think this is because when I was in California, I never did find the time to cut into the gigantic grapefruit my mom had brought from their house in San Diego, even though I kept glancing at it. So instead of eating one that was huge, locally grown and free, I now this morning had a tiny one imported from I do not know where. The price of delaying satisfaction, I guess. But at least it still tasted pretty good.


view of my parent's back yard in San Diego, with citrus and avocado trees. Not visible here is the pond and the gazebo. 

Comments

Valur said…
I love grapefruit. I try to eat one every day. Have done so the last years.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps