Car maintenance

I am not a very good car owner, really. I do not obsess about how many miles it has been since the last oil change, I do not keep track of the tune-up schedule. If the car is driving well and seems happy, then I am happy. This lackadaisical attitude was more appropriate in California, where the weather first of all was not so hard on the cars, and second of all, where, if the car did happen to break down, there was always a service station within walking distance and the handy Automobile Association towing service. I must say I have grown a lot more dependent on my car being in good working order here in Iceland, and therefore more conscientious about taking care of it (though still not perfect by any means). Therefore, tomorrow morning I am resolved to take the car in for a proper oil change and a thorough inspection, before heading off to meetings at the museum.

Comments

I'm terrible at taking care of our car. But I'm getting a bit better. But I'm nowhere near the standard of my lovely elderly neighbor whose car always gleams beside ours and makes the dirt even more noticeable.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps