Best laid plans

Taking the Reykjanes Express this morning reminded me of taking the BART back in San Francisco, so I intended to enjoy one of the real, if seldom mentioned, perks of public transport -- feeling justified buying a really good coffee upon arrival in the big city. In Berkeley, Sufficient Grounds and Pete's Coffee are both right there at the BART entrance. So it was with a sense of glee that I realized the bus stop I use drops off right near the Kaffi Tár at the National Museum. This steeled my resolve as I headed out into the cold, windy morning towards the bus stop: the promise of a decent latte.

One little detail I overlooked is that the museum is closed on Mondays. This would not happen in Berkeley.  

Comments

Iris said…
I once tried to get into a museum in my home town here on a Monday and was informed by the information staff that even VERSAILLES is closed on Mondays. I guess I should have known about San Francisco then ;-)
Lissy said…
haha! good one! Hairdressors and museums do like to be closed on Mondays, but us brave souls at Vikingaheimar, we are open every day!

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps