In memory of my brother

January 22nd, 1963 was the day my brother was born, in Virginia, USA. He started his life though here in Iceland, where my mom and dad met, fell in love, and married. 


I'm following in his footsteps today, leaving Iceland for the States, and will spend tonight with my sister, Maria. Her and my brother were close in age, and close in heart. They were both also redheads. Here they are with the grandkids.


I think my brother inspired the idea for me to go home now, because to him, it was so important that our family stay together, and stay close knit. He was the best one about calling all of the other siblings, he suggested things we could do together, and when we were all together, the love and the joy that came from him filled the whole room.


Even after his death, he is still bringing us together. Here is the remaining family, Maria, my dad, my brother Erik, me, and my mom, on the day of my brother's memorial last year. 

We miss you, we love you, we thank you.  

 

Comments

mlb said…
Hope you share more fond memories with your family this weekend. Big hug to all of you.
William said…
Thank You Sweetheart
Lissy said…
Michele has a blog! Now that is just the sort of thing Billy would have wanted to know.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps