Phone calls from Iceland

After an exciting day yesterday visiting with my brother and playing with my son here in California, I did not get to sleep until 11pm, which is, umm, like 7am Iceland time.

Then my cell phone rang at 4am. It was a woman from the Menntamalaraðuneyti about an online form I was trying to fill out last week. A half-hour later I got another call, this time from the rafmagnisérfræðingur up at Ásbrú.

Getting an Icelandic cell phone that works in the U.S. might not have been such a good idea in terms of the quality of my sleep, but surely does help one feel connected.

Comments

Jon Frimann said…
Þú skalt passa uppá símareikniginn hjá þér. Það er ekkert ódýrt að fá símtöl frá Íslandi í Bandaríkjunum. Hjá Símanum er það alveg 345kr/mín og 90kr SMS-ið.

Ég þekki ekki verðskrá Vodafone ef þú ert þar, en það er líklega ekkert ódýrara þar heldur mundi ég halda.
Lissy said…
Last time I was in the States, my cell phone bill was almost $300 dollars, and then I was only here for a week. It won't be pretty, I know. On the other hand, if I get the grant from the MRN it will all be worth it.
Anonymous said…
nú, slökktu á honum á nóttunni (og passaðu endilega upp á það að þú sért ekki með virkt talhólf). Nóg að fá rándýr símtöl þegar maður er vakandi :D

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps