B.K.I.

I have extolled the virtues of Kaffi Tár here before, and I shall not waiver in my enthusiasm for that brand, especially the lattes they make on site. Really good. I was such a fan of the lattes that I started also buying their beans and grinding them at home to make my own espresso drinks. But then I got sort of cheap and thought perhaps if I bought the Ethiopian medium roast beans, instead of the proper espresso beans, I could grind some of them for my drip coffee maker, and some of them for my espresso press (some mornings I like coffee, other mornings I like espresso).

Problem is I can never quite get the grind right for the drip coffee when I grind it myself. It is either too course or too fine for the drip machine. And though the Ethiopian beans are not bad in the espresso drinks, it is not the same carmelly flavor one gets with espresso roast.

So the other day at the store I thought maybe I should take a lessen from the pagebook of my wonderful grandmother, and buy the kind of coffee she always bought for her drip machine, BKI. I do not remember which roast she got, but anyhow, I got medium roast and my coffee this morning is excellent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps