Summer time summer time sum sum summertime

Summer time has of course a myriad of associations, but for me, it means archaeology. Archaeological colleagues are coming to Iceland now, started a few weeks ago and is continuing all the way through August, not to mention the Viking Congress in mid August.  The ones that know me and know I was working on a new exhibition, they have let me know they are coming. 

I really want to pick each of them up at the airport and give them a guided tour of the exhibition, but as it has turned out, for the two groups that came earlier this month, the timing was awful, I just could not meet them, and in early August, I will be away when another group comes through. But still I am happy they are letting me know they are coming, and I think it will eventually work out, if not on their way to Iceland, then certainly on their way home. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps