Misunderstanding

I was just laying in bed, thinking about yesterday, and realizing that, once again, I was slightly misunderstood. This happens a lot to me, since of course my communication skills in Icelandic are not so stellar. I had mentioned to two of my cousins that they could borrow my car while I was out of town. Fanney actually has a car, just her husband uses it a lot. The other one, Hjördís, does not have a car at all. 

So it seemed to me only right that the cousin that has no car at all should get it, and the one that already has a car should contact Hjördís to use it. This however was extremely hard to get across to both of them, each one confused about why I was mentioning the other, and it was almost to the point that I would have to just drive myself to the airport!

I suppose one should not propose something so complicated, since people like to have a car at 100% availability. Or at least not over cell phones in a foreign language.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps