So international

So, the lady that babysat Palmer a lot back in Berkeley, she is from the Czech Republic. This summer, she is there with her daughter, who is a really good friend of Palmer´s.  When I was in Cal over Christmas, she said we should come visit, and repeated that every once and a while to Palmer over the last few months. So Palmer got it in his head that he would like to go to the Czech Republic. 

I am totally game for this, having never been to Prague but always keen on the idea. 

But it was a total crack up working on the scheduling of this trip. When would Palmer be in Iceland, and I would not be on my way to Sweden? When would she not have visitors from South Africa or Italy? Should we meet instead in England, where we both have friends we would also like to visit? 

Finally we found a window wherein she would not have visitors and we would not be going anywhere else. So June 30th, look out Prague! An adorable little boy is on his way. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Only he, or you too?

I loooove the Czech Republic, aside from Italy it's my favourite "útlönd" :D Especially when you go there not just as a tourist, but actually meeting Czech people (which you'll be doing, of course), they're the most inviting and hospitable people I've ever known - maybe with the exception of the Faroese.
Lissy said…
Well, I can't exactly send my 4 year old by himself! So, yes, a good excuse for me to get a mini vacation too. And my friend Kendra (who is visiting enroute to the airport) gave me the address of another Czech who is an Icelandophile.
Anonymous said…
haha, no, 4 year old's just a bit too small to travel alone...

Have a nice trip, envy you!

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps