Whatever.

Last night my parents skyped me in my hotel here in Nuuk (one other benefit of skype, a person can be reached anywhere!). I was telling them that I had no idea what the conversion rate was, but that since my lunch cost 72 Danish Kroner, and my hotel room 1400 DK per night, either my lunch was the deal of the century, or my hotel room was way too expensive. Checked on it just a bit ago, and yeppers, lunch was normal priced, and my hotel room is ridiculous. The reason for this is it is the only hotel in Nuuk, a town of 17,000. There is a youth hostile outside of town, but very far from the museum. So, looks like I'll be making the best of my hotel room. At least it has a flat screen TV...

Comments

Iris said…
A youth hostile? That must be one of the funnier typos I have ever seen. That is pretty much how I feel in the most youth hostels. ;-)
I'm sorry you're having such a rotten time in Greenland. I'm really still rather fond of the memories from Kulusuk (even so we had no running water). But then I was 23 and things were just different.
Lissy said…
I do not think I would have minded at all, if the hotel room was not $300 a night, plus I had to pay over $200 in internet access fees. I told the guys at check out that last week, I was in Manhattan, at a hotel that was $150 a night. We agreed of course there is more competition there, and then I tried to say something appeasing, like how comfy the beds were and how great the breakfast buffet was. But the other girl behind the counter laughed - she knew it wasn't worth $150!

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps