Transferring funds

Two years ago, when I got my grant from the American Scandinavian Foundation, I asked them to deposit it into an Icelandic bank account I had just set up. Other than the bad exchange rate I got, this worked well. Now I have another grant payment expected in 2 months, and am looking forward to the exchange rate working rather in my favor this time. Of course, the fund administrator thinks it is terrible idea to send money to Iceland, said the other recipients are putting money in non-Icelandic accounts!

Comments

Alxmrfi said…
That has to be for saving purposes, if the kronur gets weaker then transferring it back again equals a loss, but if it's just for getting by and spending, it's a different story! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps