Kjörís vs. emmenís

I learned today that the brand kjörís does not leave a funny aftertaste in one's mouth because it is made with milk and vegetable oil, instead of being made from cream. 

During this indepth conversation with my co-workers, I began to chuckle. Smári looked surprised, said he did not know that was a joke. 

He does not understand that I generally consider it a colossal waste of my time to participate in conversations that do not at least have some serious issue at the heart. 

Comments

Lissy said…
I may also have been chuckling because I think all Icelandic icecream is over the top great, and could not imagine dismissing one brand out of hand like that.
MamaOlive said…
Oh, we loved Icelandic Ice cream. We really got addicted to the "mix" treat at the soft serve places. (Never could get anyone to say the Icelandic name slow enough for me to try to imitate.) They always looked surprised that I only wanted one kind of candy, and put in at least a whole bar's worth. Wow! Rich!
Anonymous said…
MamaOlive, probably Bragðarefur

My fav is fresh blueberries, Bounty and Nóakropp (choc rice puffs) Uhmmm!
Lissy said…
Oh, the softserve cones with the chocolate and rice crispy was something I fantasized about whenever I was in California, eagerly anticipating getting back here for another dose.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps