Ský sky

I know one of the things I love about living here in Iceland is the clouds. There are so many different types of clouds here, and at any given time the variety of types and shades from white to black in the sky at once always amazes me. I guess it is because the swirling of the winds and the differences in water temperature in this part of the North Atlantic. In California, there was hardly ever a cloud in the sky. And if it was, it was one type of cloud, either cumulus or stratus, and those would be the clouds on hand all day long. 

When the sun peaks out from the clouds here, it rakes across the landscape, bringing out all the colors in the grass and the rocks and the houses. And today, there are still white caps on the mountains in the distance. It is so beautiful, it makes me want to stop time. 

Comments

ג. ג. said…
Today I woke up, looked at the skies and decided to go to my first decent hike this summer. Stay tune for some new pics of water falls.
Lissy said…
I'll keep an eye out for it, definitely!
MamaOlive said…
We loved the sky in Iceland. One of the first things I noticed after getting back to Oklahoma was that the sky there seemed so far away.
Lissy said…
Hi Mamma Olive, nice to hear from you again. Yes, exactly, somehow the sky seems closer here in Iceland, and I am not sure it is just because of the clouds. I noticed that in the US also, how far away the sky seems.
Have you seen the sky over Vík í Mýrdal? The sky in Iceland is always beautiful, but the light here is really special.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps