Next Saturday

Well, this may be a dangerous admission, but next Saturday is election day, and I am planning not to vote. The problem is, I have not received the least bit of information about the process. I mean, in the United States, I always try to vote, have even volunteered on election day. But I know how that system works. I know I am supposed to register ahead of time, I get the sample ballot in the mail so I know what to expect, and poling places are always pretty easy to find. Then it is an easy matter to just pop in and do your civic duty. I have no desire to spend next Saturday fumbling around trying to figure it out on the fly. Call me lazy, but I plan to sit this one out. 

Comments

ג. ג. said…
It seems like one of Iceland's most important elections. Dont forget that in Iceland we are talking about 70,000 valid voters only. Every vote counts and make a difference, if I were you I would rethink it.
Lissy said…
Ah yes, but how do I know if I am one of those 70,000 voters or not? That is precisely the question.
Ko-Leen said…
lazy!
I think you just show up with ID
Unknown said…
If you have a citizenship you can vote. Then you just go to the voting "station" in your neighborhood (often a school or a sport center) and just show them some sort of and ID. (Driving license or a Debet card with a picture) and then you vote. You don´t have to register or anything like that. It´s very simple!

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps