Double entendre

Well, my Icelandic language skills are improving, my vocabulary has exponentially increased and I have started conjugating verbs and declining nouns more and more often, though still not always. Colloquial phrases, something most people do not learn in school, is something I have always had a leg up on over other language learners, and I am adding to my repertoire there also. But I tell you what, I am so far from being able to get puns, produce puns, or pick up on anything other than the most obvious double entendre, it is frustrating. 

Yesterday I was speaking to a colleague of mine who knows English very well, so I made a joke in English that included a double entendre. I was happy to notice that he did not seem to notice.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
hehe, I speak decent English and understand quite a bit more, but remember being rather miffed when I watched some Monty Python movies with British friends, screaming with laughter at things I didn't get :P

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps