Debates

There is not that much programming in Icelandic on Icelandic television, other than the news, and the "beint utsending" from the Althingi (equivalent of CSPAN). Unfortunately, I really do not enjoy watching people arguing with each other, somehow the tension just comes across much too strongly in Icelandic for my comfort level. I guess this is why I have not turned on my Icelandic TV in the last few weeks (I also have an American TV, thus justifying adjectivizing this noun, although of course it does not pick up any channels, it just can play American movies). 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't like watching it either. Would make a bad politician, as I have low tolerance for bullshit, anyway :P
ג. ג. said…
The Icelandic Alþingi is more like a boring soap opera where nothing happens compared to other parliaments around the globe.
Ko-Leen said…
I think you need a little Stundum Okkur (probably spelled wrong), a great break from the yelling.

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps