Working up a list

My friends and I on Facebook have started gathering together some of the more awful things we've said while trying to stumble our way through Icelandic. "I'd like some god-damn bread" instead of "I'd like whole wheat bread," or "My son has AIDS" instead of "My son has allergies." Mine are too innumerable to try to keep track of, but one of the ones I feel the worst about was when my cousin had us out to her summer-house, had really gone out of her way to make a beautiful spread of all kinds of things to eat, and when I was leaving I said, "I'll get back at you for this" when what I meant was "I hope I can return the favor." Thankfully, she is a really sweet person, and I have no doubt she understood.  

Comments

Alxmrfi said…
I nearly fell off my chair laughing at that :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dett í, ofan á, úr, út

Twitterverse

The sky weeps